Are you looking for a challenge in a company with global operations?
All our doors are open to you. Regardless of background, we are continually looking for motivated and competent applicants to strengthen our team, ranging from young professionals to managers. An open, results-oriented and fair management style is just one of the core values to which we aspire at our family-managed logistics services company.
Become part of the Rhenus Group. Interesting tasks await you in each of our business areas. Our corporate group has a local structure and global networks.
“Together with Passion” is our motto. We try to convince our customers about our services every day – with a sense of passion and creative solutions.
“Togetherness” is what counts
Our daily business involves organising comprehensive logistics solutions including transport, warehouse and transhipment services. Here in the UK, our 4 hubs deliver 220,000 consignments to 2,000 clients annually by road, air, sea and rail, handling every conceivable product including automotive, consumable goods, manufacturing goods and hazardous cargo.
Integrity, trust, respect, openness and boldness all form part of our corporate culture. We take on responsibility, encourage constructive criticism and treat each other in a fair manner. We are very open to new ideas. We find the best solution in conjunction with our customers and introduce this in an efficient way. Each individual employee is important for us – but we are only strong as a team.
Become part of the Rhenus family
We encourage our employees, whether they are just starting out on their career or are already a manager. We not only hold regular feedback discussions, but also offer opportunities for further training in the form of specific courses and training sessions on social, methodical and management expertise. We have also developed special training programmes for all our employees from the newest members of the Rhenus family to other specialist and management programmes.
Your future at Rhenus
More than 26,000 colleagues located at over 460 locations in 40 countries around the world – that would be your future team if you decide to join Rhenus. You can expect to face exciting tasks in the world of freight logistics.
Do you want to make a difference? We do too. The non-bureaucratic structures in our company play a crucial role in this: short decision-making processes and open doors are not just buzz words at our owner-managed family business – but are a major factor in our success story in conjunction with our strong focus on particular fields within the individual business units. Our working climate is dominated by an open, results-oriented and fair management style at every level.
As a family business, the values that are lived out, jointly developed and shared in the family form the basis for our work together and represent our identity.
We are a sincere and honest company. We follow the law and act according to ethical principles. We fulfil our obligations and take personal responsibility for our actions.
We are open to new ideas and change. We treat each other in an open manner and share our knowledge and experience with each other.
We treat each other in a fair and civilised manner. We are trusting and therefore behave in a trustworthy way.
We act in line with our convictions. We do and say what we believe to be right and promote constructive criticism.
Our understanding of the employee relationship
We rely on our loyal and responsible employees in order to achieve our corporate goals. We are aware of and promote differing opinions and view them as a positive contribution towards the company’s work.
Each one of our employees makes his or her abilities and opportunities available so that Rhenus can use them to achieve our goals. We are convinced that the overall benefits are maximised for the company if we set goals from the top-down and fulfil them from the bottom-up.
Our employees work independently, but crucially they are also partners in a team with social competence and a positive way of thinking.
Our aim is to grow with the market and focus on the needs of our customers at our hubs and local offices in order to be able to respond to their needs faster and better.
To do this, we need employees, who are specialists in their field and will expand our operations with their innovative ideas. Whether you opt for a career in operations, sales and customer management – Rhenus offers exciting challenges, outstanding prospects and scope for you to develop your professional career, and we will support you through our development programmes to ensure that you enjoy the challenges your career affords you, as you progress along your path.
Have we been able to persuade you? If you would like to play an active part in the Rhenus Group and feel you have what it takes to make the difference, don‘t hesitate any longer.
Send your detailed C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to receive speculative applications in addition to those for jobs that we advertise.
With a career in the operations department, you are entering the heart of our world where you will combine local knowledge with international market expertise.
Your responsibilities will include
- arranging domestic collection/delivery
- establishing the clients’ needs and ensuring these needs are met through each stage of their shipment’s journey
- acquiring, load planning and routing of a trailer taking into account varying criteria from delivery location to type of cargo (fragile, time sensitive, hazardous)
- pre-advising the nominated receiving hub of the trailer once it has been loaded and despatched
- using good communication skills to deal with any issues which may arise once the journey begins to ensure that the expected delivery date is met on time
- using our transport management system and supporting data systems to ensure that the customer and colleagues have complete transparency about the shipment
Operators responsible for shipments transiting or leaving the EC will also be skilled in customs procedures and market specific documentary requirements, essential to the successful delivery of such shipments.
Our operational teams are responsible for over 150 departures across Europe from our purpose-built hubs in Basildon, Bradford, Cannock and Manchester.
The warehouse operation takes the plans from the operations department and makes them reality.
Primarily operators are responsible for loading/discharging trailers, they are also responsible for ensuring our hubs operate in conjunction with the many regulations and accreditations necessary in Today’s modern logistics world. They must be technically competent, good communicators and highly efficient
- safely loading and unloading trailers, ensuring cargo is correctly identified, loaded in good condition, ensuring that all packages are loaded and communicating any differences
- ensuring all stock within the warehouse is controlled and is fully accounted for
- using high-tech equipment, such as scanning devices, to ensure that shipments remain in a controlled environment
- liaising with trailer drivers to ensure that their trailers are loaded correctly and in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations, both here and abroad
Our warehouse operators receive training in the safe handling of cargo, forklift truck operation, handling of hazardous cargo, operation of warehouse and IT systems, to name but a few. Foreign language skills are particularly welcome!
Our sales and customer management departments display attributes of teamwork, coordination and communication at the highest level, if the operations department is the heart of our business then these are our lungs, breathing life into the body of our business.
- They are responsible for the organic growth of the company and they are generally the first point of contact for our customers, in an all-encompassing role they will listen to the needs of the customer and source the most appropriate level of service available
- provide competitive quotations based on the needs of the customer
- provide a comprehensive after sales support for the customer, liasing with operations departments locally and at our offices abroad, providing clients with updates about their shipments,
- manage the customers’ shipments, producing reports for clients, weekly, monthly, as required.
They are there for the customer from the beginning to end.